Julia A. Pucci, managing partner with Pucci | Pirtle, focuses her practice in the areas of divorce and custody litigation.
Ms. Pucci attended Illinois Wesleyan University in Bloomington, Illinois where she received a Bachelor of Arts, cum laude, in Sociology and Political Science. Ms. Pucci subsequently earned her Juris Doctor from St. Louis University School of Law in St. Louis, Missouri. During her law school career, Julia taught legal research and writing as a teaching assistant and was also active in the mediation clinic where she obtained her mediation certification.
As a certified mediator, she mediated court-ordered child custody matters and assisted parents in drafting parenting and custody agreements. After being admitted to the Bar, Ms. Pucci was employed as an Assistant State’s Attorney for the County of McHenry where she worked in the civil division, enforced child support orders and handled other civil matters for the County. Ms. Pucci was then employed with a large Schaumburg firm where she concentrated her practice on domestic relations matters and continued to do so as a partner with Schwarz & Pucci, LLC and now Pucci | Pirtle.
Ms. Pucci obtained advanced training in mediation and firmly believes that mediation is an avenue that many parties faced with tough domestic relations issues may benefit from, both in the area of custody matters and also financial issues. Because of her training, she is more proficient in negotiating fair settlements for her clients. However, Ms. Pucci also understands quite well that some matters simply cannot be settled by way of mediation or other negotiation tactics and thus, if the matter must be litigated, she has a strong courtroom presence and is well respected by the Court.
Ms. Pucci approaches every case with the goal of problem solving while understanding that each client has a unique set of circumstances. She works closely with her clients throughout the legal process; she is very proficient at finding reasonable and practical solutions in each of her cases, though if the matter proceeds to trial, she is a skilled litigator. Ms. Pucci’s creativity, intelligence and thoroughness afford her the ability to finalize matters expeditiously and with outcomes that are understandable and satisfactory to her clients. Julia is respected by both her clients and peers and has earned a reputation of excellence.
In addition to her advanced negotiations skills, Ms. Pucci is also a known for her abilities as guardian ad litem in custody disputes. Through her strong voice and understanding, Ms. Pucci tirelessly supports the position that is in the best interest of the children. Ms. Pucci gives every investigation her utmost attention using her steadfast dedication to ensure the right outcome.
- St. Louis University School of Law, St. Louis, MO, J.D., 2005
- Illinois Wesleyan University, Bloomington, IL, B.A. Sociology and Political Science, Cum Laude, 2002
Honors and Awards:
- American Society of Legal Advocates, Top 40 Family Law Attorneys Under 40
- American Society of Legal Advocates, Ten Best Attorneys for Client Satisfaction
Professional Associations & Memberships:
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Family Law Section Council
- Kane County Bar Association
- Practice Management and Small Firm Committee Chair
- Former Illinois State Bar Association Family Law Division Section Counsel Member
- Trial Court’s Award of Sole Custody Affirmed Where Father did not Request Sole Custody in Any Pleading, Illinois State Bar Associations Family Law Section Newsletter, May, 2013, Vol 56. No. 11 at 4.
- Are we creating monsters Court holds adult children lacked standing to bring claim for college expenses under 513, Illinois State Bar Associations Family Law Section Newsletter, Nov, 2013, Vol 57. No. 4 at 1.